Having presence on the markets of Europe and across the world, UniCredit Group offers a wide selection of specialised tools for dealing with financial risks.
Instruments for hedging against exchange rate risks and the related management of exchange rate risks are instruments used by companies operating in foreign markets that are exposed to the risk of changes in the exchange rates of the currencies they use to operate.
Minimum transaction amount
The minimum single transaction amount is €20,000 or its equivalent in another currency when making a forward exchange transaction and a foreign exchange swap, and €100,000 or its equivalent in another currency when concluding a currency or a barrier option.
Forward exchange transactions
By making a forward exchange transaction, an exporter can lock in the exchange rate for their foreign currency inflows when concluding the export contract, thereby protecting themselves against exchange rate decreases. At the same time, the forward exchange transaction protects the importer against exchange rate increases and serves as the basis for their price calculations.
Foreign exchange swap
With a foreign exchange swap, you can adjust your actual inflows and outflows according to the maturities of your past transactions, as well as regulate your currency and tolar liquidity.
Compared to a forward exchange transaction, a currency option allows you to select the exercise price for buying or selling the currency in the future, whereby you can either exercise the option on maturity or leave it to expire without any obligations to the bank if the current market price is more favourable for you.
Buying barrier options
A barrier option allows you to choose the exchange rate level at which it activates or extinguishes and is cheaper than an ordinary currency option.
Interest rate hedging instruments and the related management of interest rate risks are instruments used by companies that are exposed to the risk of changes in interest rates, whose trends are difficult to predict.
- In interest rate hedging instruments, the minimum transaction amount is €500,000 or its equivalent.
We offer the following instruments for the efficient management of interest rate positions and increasing company profitability:
- Forward rate agreements.
- Interest rate swaps.
- Interest rate options.
- Barrier interest rate options.
- Digital (binary) interest rate options.
- Cross-currency swaps.
- Quanto swaps.
Why choose interest rate hedging instruments
- By concluding a forward rate agreement, borrowers can lock in the maximum interest rate they will be paying for the loan, while depositors can ensure an acceptable minimum interest rate at which they will be placing their assets into the market. Also, this instrument does not require any actual movements of capital.
- With an interest rate swap, borrowers can lock in their financing costs in advance for the entire duration of the loan, while investors can lock in their future returns for the entire duration of the investment, whereby the interest rate swap can be initiated at any future date and is also suitable for longer periods of time.
- With an interest rate option, you can secure in advance both the minimum and the maximum desired interest rates at the same time.
- With a swaption, subject to the market situation, you can either exercise the option on maturity or leave it unexercised without any obligations to the bank.
- A cross-currency swap provides protection against both exchange and interest rate risks at the same time.
Commodity risk hedging instruments and the related management of commodity price risks are instruments used by companies that are exposed to the risk of changes in the prices of commodities.
- The minimum single transaction amount depends on the type of commodity (underlying instrument) to which the hedging instrument applies.
UniCredit Bank offers the following instruments for efficient commodity price risk management
- Commodity swaps.
- Commodity options.
By concluding a commodity swap agreement, you can secure in advance a fixed commodity price for any given future period, whereby the commodity swap can be initiated at any future date and is also suitable for longer periods of time.
With a commodity option, you can secure in advance both the minimum and the maximum desired commodity price at the same time. A commodity option allows you to select the exercise price for buying or selling the commodity (cash settlement only, settlement in kind is not possible) in the future, whereby you can either exercise the option on maturity or leave it to expire without any obligations to the bank if the current market price of the commodity is more favourable for you.
UniCredit Bank is one of the few official liquidity provider banks in the secondary market of Slovenian government bonds and has been granted the mandate to issue Republic of Slovenia bonds several times.
- A Republic of Slovenia bond is a long-term debt security issued by the Republic of Slovenia. Its main features are safety and return on investment. Bond investors are guaranteed to receive at least the principal back and are also entitled to bond interest, which is usually paid semi-annually, annually, or quarterly.
UniCredit Bank is one of the most successful authorised primary dealers of three-month, six-month and twelve-month treasury bills, which represent a safe and profitable investment and are issued through auctions by the Republic of Slovenia.
- Treasury bills are short-term government securities that represent a safe and profitable investment for investors. The Republic of Slovenia issues three-month and six-month treasury bills through auctions. Only authorised primary dealers who buy treasury bills for their own account or for their customers’ accounts may participate in these auctions.
Please contact us if you have any questions! Fill the simple form below and we will contact you shortly.
There was a problem while trying to send the message.
Please try again later!